Here are some early reviews:
Throughout this book, Segal consistently offers positive, uplifting guidance while adopting an objective yet empathetic tone. A self-directed, interactive manual that should benefit experienced and new job-seekers alike.
-Kirkus Independent Review
This book is one of the best job search books today.
-Joshua Waldman, author of Job Searching with Social Media for Dummies
It’s about time that someone took the time to go DEEP into the mechanics of effective interviewing.
-Michael Melcher, author of The Creative Lawyer
No job seeker should begin interviewing without this invaluable resource!
-Hayley C., Attorney
It’s a really terrific and practical book that helps people think about themselves in an organized and disciplined way while prepping for an interview.
-Lisa Maguire, Financial Services Professional
I highly recommend this book.
-Dan Hoeyer, President of Leaders Excellence at Harvard Square
Master the Interview: A Guide for Working Professionals by Anne Marie Segal is packed with practical information and guidance to help you get results in your interviews, whether your interview is tomorrow or not yet scheduled.
From networking and creating a value proposition to answering tough questions and evaluating offers, the insider accounts, expert advice and workbook exercises in Master the Interview will help you decode the interview process and demonstrate to your target employers that you are the one to hire.
What’s different about this book than all the other job interview books out there? Here are five top ways this book is unique:
What is different about this book than other job interview books on the market? Here are five top ways this book is unique:
1) It is a workbook, so you can write and review your own thoughts and learn through doing, guided by expert advice and examples from a host of interviewers and job candidates.
2) It is comprehensive, from networking and informational interviewing to negotiations and noncompetition agreements. With a handy overview in the first chapter on how to use the workbook, you can choose to cover what you need, when you need it.
3) It does not simply give you one so-called “right” answer to any interview situation or run through a list of potential Q&As, but instead it promotes a nuanced and authentic approach.
4) It puts you behind the scenes and into the mind of an interviewer, so you can think more clearly about how you will come across in various contexts (Skype, phone screenings, panel interviews, etc.).
5) It includes four chapters that guide you to build a solid and compelling personal value proposition from the ground-up and tailor your presentation for each target employer.
Image above: Rob Marmion/Shutterstock.com