Anne Marie Segal
Executive Coach & Writer
Welcome. If you are new to this site, feel free to stay a while and check it out. Please click here for blog posts!
About My Clients
As a coach and writer, I work with clients, workshop participants and others to improve their professional lives and, by extension, their personal lives. More specifically, I help attorneys (law firm partners and associates, General Counsels and others), executives (CEOs and other senior and mid-level management) and entrepreneurs (with a lot on their plates) tame their days, reducing stress and uncertainty, by facilitating:
- Leadership Presence
- Impactful Communications
- Graceful Transitions
I am passionate about this work and invested in the transformations my clients can achieve through partnering with me.
Read my Coaching FAQ to learn more about partnering with me.
I started a new job this week—due in large part, I think, to the success that I had in sending out my resume after your incredible help with it. I cannot overstate my gratitude. – Law Firm Attorney
I’m definitely satisfied with the quality of work and attention I received and happy where I ended up as a result of her coaching. – In-House Counsel at Amazon
The time with Anne Marie was the most productive in years! – Entrepreneur
Read more about my clients.
Read more testimonials.
I am, first and foremost, a communicator (speaking, writing and listening).
After 15 years as an attorney – with an AmLaw 100 firm, private equity/hedge fund and smaller entrepreneurial law firm and in solo practice – I shifted gears and became an executive coach, author and resume writer. The move was not made on impulse. Like many of my clients, I transitioned after a few years of contemplating and experimenting with different ideas until I found the right fit. To read my personal career transition story, please click here.
Coaching and Writing Services
I work with VIP Clients on an individual basis in person and by phone or Skype. If we were to work together, here are some specific areas we could address:
- career coaching,
- change management,
- interview preparation,
- LinkedIn training,
- personal branding,
- leadership development, and
- networking support.
- attorney and executive resumes,
- cover letters,
- LinkedIn profiles,
- websites, and
- other career and business communications.
Read more about my Services.
I am available speak on any of the above topics in person and via webinar. Here is a list of presentations I have given, and below are some recent webinars.
Read more about Speaking Engagements.
Master the Interview: A Guide for Working Professionals is available at Amazon.com.
[O]ne of the best job search books today.
– Joshua Waldman
It’s about time that someone took the time to go DEEP into the mechanics of effective interviewing.
– Michael Melcher
Read more reviews and information about the book.
Master the Interview will save you hours in the interview preparation process, keying you up for the right questions to ask yourself as you embark on your job search as well as ones that may arise in the interview room.
What is different about this book than other job interview books? Here are five top ways this book is unique:
1) It is a workbook, so you can write and review your own thoughts and learn through doing, guided by expert advice and examples from a host of interviewers and job candidates.
2) It takes a comprehensive view of the full life cycle of the interview process, from networking and informational interviewing to negotiations and noncompetition agreements. With a handy overview in the first chapter on how to use the workbook, you can choose to cover what you need, when you need it.
3) It includes four chapters that guide you to build a solid and compelling personal value proposition from the ground-up and tailor your presentation for each target employer.
4) It does not simply give you one so-called “right” answer to any interview situation or run through a list of potential Q&As, but instead it promotes a nuanced and authentic approach. Although you cannot know the questions of an interview beforehand, you can prepare yourself to tailor your answers to demonstrate your value proposition.
5) It puts you behind the scenes and into the mind of an interviewer, so you can think more clearly about how you will come across in various contexts (Skype, phone screenings, panel interviews, etc.).
Read more about Master the Interview.
Why You Need a Strategy Before Writing Your Resume
Many business leaders and others struggle to write a compelling resume, even those who make multimillion-dollar decisions on a daily or weekly basis.
It is not an easy task to sum up one’s professional life in a couple of pages, whether you have scores of accomplishments or relatively few. …[I]t can be difficult to step back from the buzz of activity to clarify one’s thoughts and translate them onto the page. Equally problematic is seeing oneself as a hiring manager would, taking an emotionally unattached view of one’s career.
Read more on resume strategy at Forbes.com.
10 Professional Hurdles that Sabotage Your Networking Efforts
Back in the day, you could put that aside, work hard and have a career for life. But that time has passed. In short, while “who you know, not what you know” has always been the ticket into the upper echelons, the need to network has rippled out to every single one of us. From CEO to student, we all need a strong base of support, not only to advance our careers but also to maintain the advances we have made.
So what if you are not great at networking? What then?
Read more on networking hurdles at Forbes.com.
Read additional Forbes articles and other publications and press.
Read more Recent Posts.
Feel free to stick around and check out more here or on LinkedIn!
Site copyright 2017 Anne Marie Segal. All rights reserved.
Images on this site are licensed from Adobe Images, unless otherwise noted (other than images of Anne Marie Segal and the book cover design for Master the Interview, which are under the above copyright).